KeryFlex Nail Restoration
KeryFlex Nail Restoration is a system that uses a medical grade acrylic to create durable, yet flexible artificial nails that are realistic, natural-looking and complements the foot. It is a cosmetic and safe application that restores the appearance of your nails.
KeryFlex uses polymer resins, and special activators that bond and harden when exposed to ultraviolet light. This creates a flexible, nonporous artificial nail, allowing the remaining natural nail to grow. KeryFlex can be used for nails that are permanently damaged from conditions such as fungus, dystrophies and trauma or for a temporary cover for a nail whilst it is growing.
KeryFlex has no known side effects, doesn’t irritate the skin, only adheres to the cells of the nail and will not bond to skin, allowing a natural edge to be fabricated.
Nail polish, nail polish remover and detergents can be applied over the KeryFlex nail. The KeryFlex nail can also be filed with a nail file as the nail grows.
With this system, you can restore the natural look and feel of your nail and improve your self-confidence.
Effective Restoration for Damaged Nails
KeryFlex is ideal for restoring nails whose structure and appearance have been affected by:
- Split nails
- Nail discolouration
Please note that KeryFlex is not suitable if you have ingrown toenails, peripheral vascular disease, peripheral neuropathy, arterial insufficiency, suspicious pigmented nail lesions, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. As KeryFlex does not bind to the skin, a minimum of 15% of the natural nail must be present. You can discuss your needs with our podiatrist to ensure its suitability and your best treatment options.
Benefits of KeryFlex Nail Restoration
- Aesthetics – KeryFlex nails look and feel like real nails, restoring the normal look of your toes and toenails. These artificial nail replacements are the closest thing you can have to natural nails.
- Variety –KeryFlex is available in three colours: clear, natural and opaque. With these options, you can pick the right shade to match your toenails and preferences.
- Functional – KeryFlex nails are non-porous, preventing moisture from going in between. It’s also highly durable, and it won’t be affected by applications of acetone or nail polish. They’re also designed to be flexible, bending (but not breaking) to flow with your toes’ natural movement.
- Painless – KeryFlex Nail Restoration is a painless and non-invasive procedure. It involves the simple application of the special resins and bonding agent on top of your damaged nail and curing it with ultraviolet light. It also does not require any local anaesthesia at any point of the procedure.
- Quick Procedure. KeryFlex Nail Restoration is an in-clinic procedure that’s quick and easy to complete. It also provides an immediate cosmetic improvement on your toenail, so you can see noticeable results as soon as the procedure is done.
The Process – How It Works and What to Expect
As an in-clinic cosmetic procedure, KeryFlex Nail Restoration can be completed quickly in our clinic in as little as 30 minutes, depending on your nail’s condition and how many nails need to be treated.
The KeryFlex Nail Restoration System process includes:
- Preparing your nail for treatment. If the nail is thick or damaged, the podiatrist will reduce it by trimming and burring the nail.
- Application of the KeryFlex Bond to help the new artificial nail attach to your natural nail.
- Application of the KeryFlex Flex compound.
- Curing the compound under UV light for 2 minutes.
- Further application of KeryFlex Flex (if necessary). UV curing afterwards.
- Buffing your nail to smoothen the surface and shape it accordingly.
- Application of the seal and final curing under UV light for 2 minutes.
Over time the KeryFlex nail will grow out with your natural nail. A refill is recommended every 6 -8 weeks to maintain the KeryFlex nail. Rarely, a KeryFlex nail may detach from the natural nail. This can occur with repeated trauma to the KeryFlex nail from tight footwear or sports that cause high impact to the toes such as long distance running and soccer.
Our podiatrist will tailor this process to your needs and preferences, making sure that you come out of our clinic with beautiful, natural-looking nail replacements.
Restore Your Nails with KeryFlex Nail Restoration
If you have missing or deformed toenails because of an injury or medical condition, KeryFlex can help you restore them to their natural look. We can assess the condition of your toenails and determine whether the KeryFlex Nail Restoration System can give you the results you’re looking for.
If you think KeryFlex is right for you, our Wynnum podiatrist can book you in for a session and perform the procedure in our clinic. Treatments can be completed in one session, depending on the condition of your nails and your availability.