Children’s feet differ from those of adults as they are not yet fully formed. Children usually begin to walk any time between 10 and 24 months of age. So it is important to ensure your child’s feet are developing as not all children conditions will be outgrown without some type of intervention.
A check-up for your child with a podiatrist is recommended if:
- Your child complains of recurrent pain or sore feet or legs.
- Your child is not walking by the age of 18 months.
- Your child wants to be carried most of the time.
- You notice uneven shoe wear.
- You notice any skin rashes, hard skin lumps or bumps on your child’s feet.
- You child is constantly tripping or falling.
- Or you have any other concerns about your child’s feet.
At Mint Foot Care, we treat children of all ages for a range of different foot conditions. The conditions we treat include flat feet ,in-toeing, out-toeing ,sever’s disease ,knocked kneed ,bow legs, heel pain and growing pains. Our management plans are based on a number of factors which include age, family history, associated pain and any biomechanical problems.